Constipation

Father of child has child for a matter of hours ,during his visitation & claims she is haveing a hard time "going" the first try on the potty.Should there be a good reason to put on a rubber glove & remove poop from your daughters rectum? What would your reaction be if your daughters father had done this?

jellybeangreen

Asked by jellybeangreen at 9:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• In that case.....I would warn him to never do that again....if he does...there's gonna be issues. Or if you think it has already caused problems (whether physical or emotional) for your child then I would proceed to make sure he never did that again.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well was the poop sticking out? And you did say he put a glove on. I have done that with my own kids if was sticking out but they couldn't push anymore.
    Anonymous

• Well, you know.....unless my child was crying and in massive pain (in that case I would take to MD or ER) then I would let nature take it's course. If you do not know what you are doing then you take a chance on tearing the lining of the rectum which can cause pain and bleeding. I'm a little taken back by the fact he felt like he "needed" to do this. Is he a doctor or nurse? if not and he has not been directed to do so then he should have never done that.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No, it was not "sticking out"
    if you feel so very okay about your answer,why is it anonymous?
    jellybeangreen

Answer by jellybeangreen at 9:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• father also has no medicail back ground & did not call a doctor or try to addminister any oral laxitives or remidies
    jellybeangreen

Answer by jellybeangreen at 9:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have dealt with my kids being very constipated before but never have i gone to such lengths as to pull it out with my hand if anything I have helped them by instructing them to sit on the toilet with their tummys touching their legs- (which really helps by the way! :) ) and as for another thing- had u noticed any constipation with ur daughter before this or afterwards? if not i think that might be a bit weird
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• no previous constipation
    jellybeangreen

Answer by jellybeangreen at 10:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Wow. I don't know how I'd react but no there's no good reason for that. WTH was he thinking?! Is your daughter ok??
    I've been dealing with my son's constipation for 2 years, he's not potty trained yet but the thought has NEVER even crossed my mind to do something like that!
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 10:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have 3 kids and have never heard of such a thing. I think I would freak out a little.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I've done something similar to this. First, my kids are still little, second the poop was partially out and "stuck", and third, I'm a nurse. So maybe it would be ok. Depending on the situation. Maybe he just freaked out about her not being able to do it and thinking he would be "screwing up" on his watch if he didn't do something? Sounds like a poor decision as opposed to something more sinister.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009