My last 2 periods were black- not red- black- warning TMI

My last 2 periods have been beyond dark and very short. I've taken several preganacy tests (all negative) although- it really can't be ruled out- but I worry because of a miscarriage last year- I had problems w/ clotting AFTER the D&C- but that's been almost 8 months ago and didn't have problems until December's period. Any thoughts-- me and my husband want to start trying to conceive again- but is it okay to conceive while taking aspirin.

cjennifer81

Asked by cjennifer81 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• It may just be a thickening of the vaginal wall (that is shed monthly). It does not rule out that you could in fact be pregnant. Sometimes the darker bleeding is because of old skin, or lining of the wall and is really nothing to worry about. If you have having severe pain, or heavier bleeding and think that you may be pregnant then you should contact your Dr. Is there a health reason as to why you are taking aspirin? Heart condition? If you dont allready know you should talk to you DR about the risks of taking aspirin while trying to conceive. Good luck to you!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thank You- I only took the aspirin today because my periods are so dark- the clotting I had after the D&C was actually the size of a peach and I had to have a second D&C to deliver it and it caused an infection that landed me 2 days in the hospital so when my period popped up today-- black as could be I just worried it might happen again. My doctor's on vacation until next week and I don't care for the other doc in the office. I just thought I might see if anyone had any thoughts on the subject. Thank you.
    cjennifer81

Answer by cjennifer81 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009