When water breaks slowly?

I have been contracting all day. I was this morning 2-3min apart, pretty strong, I had regular check up, he said I am in labor and said I was a 4cm, 80% and 0 station (maybe more he said) at 12:30. I continued with contractions, I was on monitor again for 2hrs. and then he told the nurses to tell me to walk and I he would check me before he left. I walked another 2 hrs. still contracting, he comes over tells the nurse to discharge me, he never rechecked me, nor did nurse, he didn't even talk to me. I am not home and very uncomfortable, contracting 7-10min. I just went potty and had huge amount of discharge and watery stuff all around it. I put on pad, but could I possibly be leaking fluid. Hubby afraid I'll go in labor and not make to hospital, but I don't think I need to go yet. I never had the really watery discharge with the mucusy discharge before.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know the mucous is the mucous plug, but the watery stuff? I have extreme pressure as well. Argh. Pins and needles. BTW I am 38 weeks.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would go back I think you are in labor at 4 cm he should of keep you thats not healthy to send you home you can get a infection good luck

Anonymous

• I wants me to get to 39 weeks. He is not going to help me till I get there, I have exactly a week. He knows I am in labor. He doesn't frankly care. He was worried about leaving town today.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Take the pad off and see if you leak watery fluid... like.. running down your legs. (the pad is just soaking it up, so you won't know if it is water or just discharge) I would go to the hospital honestly. Your doctor should not have discharged you if you are in active labor like you said and still contracting past 4cm..
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but if you are in labor, you wont make it to 39 weeks! What the heck kind of doctor are you seeing?? Go to the ER, they HAVE to help you if you are in labor and leaking
    Anonymous

• He's an a**. Been a pain the last few weeks going by the book. Since I have GD, he said the babies lungs may not be developed.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• He needs to retire, not sure if leaking. Is that what the watery discharge was, my water had to be broken first two times. I feel like an idiot, he has me feeling like an idiot. My contractions have slowed. Since this afternoon, extreme pressure.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• First the lungs are developed at 38 weeks in fact its full term after 37 weeks
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My doc is an idiot too. He is ignoring my pre-eclampsia, I am 37w3d, and like my other daughter at exactly this time...My BP shot up and I was pre-eclamptic. She came 3 days later, but this one is not really going anywhere anytime soon..lol I think you should hound the doc and the hossy...you could end up delivering at home..Good Luck hun!!
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 10:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You could have been better informed, maybe, but this sounds really right-on.

You're not ready to have your baby "Active Labor," or not. It's not time to deliver, better be home and facilitating progress comfortably & safely. And if anyone offers to check you, better to refuse it for the safety of baby, if you are ruptured.

It will soon be Time, might not be a few more weeks, though. Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2009