Hi. I read about this site on Yahoo. This is my first pregnancy and I have tons of questions

at what time during my pregnancy will that morning sickness start and how do I get rid of it?

jodi24

Asked by jodi24 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• for me about 2months and eat crackers that helped me
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I was 5 weeks with both pregnancies and nothing helped, I lost 13 lbs with my first 11 lbs with this one. Everyone is different and some never even get morning sickness.

If you do get it eating crackers can help, ginger gum, sea bands, etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's different for everyone, but you can help fight it by staying hydrated and keeping dry carbs to snack on handy. Things like crackers and pretzels really help. And avoid strong odors they'll trigger the nausea for sure. You may not get any morning sickness though. I hardly had any but a friend of mine was sick until she delivered so you never know!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• For some women and i was one of them them sucking on hard candy helps or chewing some gum
    Anonymous

• this is my 5th pregnancy and i didnt have a lick of morning sickness with any of my previous pregnancies- until this pregnancy!! It started around 4 wks and is still going now in my 4th month but my favorite nausea stoppers are juicy fruits and no I dont mean the gum, i mean fruits like watermelon apples grapes stuff like that and also now and laters candy helped especially strawberry flavored lol i dont know why crackers didnt help me but for some reason they made it worse for me- crackers and bread and all of that made me gag! well congrats on the first and good luck!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I ate a ton of mint flavored tums. I am a cashier and that is all I could get away with at my register. Some women don't even get morning sickness.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Mine was in the first trimester but every pregnancy and everyone is different. The first thing I did when I got up is eat. Literally right when I got out of bed.... I had to or I would get sick. If the nauseau becomes really bad your doc can prescribe you something to control it.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• With both my pregnancies I started getting sick around 7 weeks, however- I had evening sickness. I was never sick in the morning but sure enough every evening at about 5 pm I would start getting sick and be sick until 9 or 10pm. My first pregnancy I was only sick like this for about a month and a half. But with my second pregnancy I was sick like this for 4 months. Good Luck! Congrats!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Food of any kind-- I only got nausea w/ my daughter when I needed to eat. If I waited to the point of no return-- I was puking so I couldn't eat-- it was a viscious cycle. Just make sure that you're eating at least small snacks every couple of hours to tide you over until a meal. Congratulations and good luck-- it's all worth it in the end.
    cjennifer81

Answer by cjennifer81 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• never got it
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009