Sleep regression at 7months???? Help

my 7 month old has been sleeping through the night since 3 months old for the most part. At about 6 and a half months he has started to wake up for a bottle again. I know its not teething because I dont see any evidence of that. Also I thought it could be a growth spurt but this has been going on for 3 straight weeks now.....I know he is hungry because when I go into his room I can hear his stomach growling. He eats solids 3 times a day and has about 34oz of forumla a day. He used to sleep through the night on much less! I think he is waking up because he has started moving around a lot in his sleep and he wakes up from bumping his head on the crib and then just lays there and after a bit cries because he is hungry. Any ideas? Suggestions? I have tried the cry it out for a bit but he doesnt stop screaming until he gets fed.

Scoobersmom

Asked by Scoobersmom at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would feed him and then put him back to bed. There really isn't anything else that you can do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• They can wake up if they are learning a new thing
    He might be teething and you just can't see them yet

Does he eat before bed? Maybe an extra bottle or a high protein baby food like avocado before bed would help him sleep longer.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My son went through this over the past few months as well. I think part of it is do to them learning they get your attention when they cry at night. Sometimes my son just wanted to have us walk in and give him his pacifier; then back to bed. There were also a few occassions where we had to get some sleep so we just put him in our bed. They do go through stages where they just want to be close to mommy and daddy.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Dare I say, ignore him? I was told by the "old Fashioned" dr when my son was 5 months that was coming. That he would be sleeping thru the night and all of the sudden, he'd start waking again. He told me if I just ignored those first few nights, my son would learn to put himself back to sleep. It worked. My son DID as the dr suggested. Now, my SIL had a baby 13 days before me. She catered to the baby and continued to wake with him for the rest of his first year, while I peacefully slept! We have to teach our children to pacify themselves. You aren't being mean, you are teaching him! Also, the biggest trigger to me in your post is that he is eating 32 oz per day. This is the recommended amount and everything else is comfort. I have 4 kids, and was happy for this info from the dr. Sometimes the Oldies are the Goodies! Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009