• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have a + blood test but a - pee test?

Well Saturday my AF will be late by a week. I tested today and its a negative. I have a doctors appt first thing on Monday for blood work. Anyone get a + for the blood but kept getting a - at home?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 10:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I know that this is possible. It could just be that your HCG levels aren't high enough yet for the home test to register. A Blood test is always the best way to go, when you are unsure. Keep those fingers crossed!! And, I have heard of people having like 3 neg at home tests and a pos. blood.
    mom2pres

Answer by mom2pres at 10:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My Mom did!! She wasn't getting her period but her hpt's kept coming up negative. The Dr. kept telling her that she was just missing her period because she was underweight (4' 11" and 85 lbs.). FINALLY she actually FELT the baby (my sister) move and insisted that the Dr. give her a blood test. She told them that she was either pregnant or an alien was in there. LOL!! Sure enough, she was almost 5 months pregnant!!

HeathersBabies

Answer by HeathersBabies at 10:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It is very possible to get a positive blood test and a negative home test. Home tests do not detect levels as well as blood test, so it is very possible. Good luck.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I got a positive blood test with all three of my pregnancies..with 2 resulting in 2 living children, the third was a tubal...NOT ONCE did i get a positive pee test with either one of them.
    airbornewife04

Answer by airbornewife04 at 5:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Thank you all who have answered however AF arrived in full force today.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2009