my son is crying alot cause he is teething and he dont like the teething jel how can i help him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could try the teething toys. You stick them in the fridge and then let them chew on the toy. They like the feeling of the cold on their gums. You can also take a baby wash cloth and wet it, stick it over your finger and gently massage his gums.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 10:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Make sure the problem really is the teeth! My doctor said it was a myth that teething causes a fever. I would make a dr appointment to rule out other issues that can be making your baby uncomfortable. I would use Tylenol sparingly if you are sure the teeth are causing the issues. You are just going to have to be patient and find things to soothe the baby. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My daughter hated the orajel so i had to open her mouth and put it in. They also have the orajel tablets but i havn't tried those. I've heard they work really good. You could give them ice to suck on, assuming they are old enough. Tylenol works really good too.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes a wash cloth! It works! I would get it wet with cool water and let him naw on it...with supervision of course.... but my boys loved it!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• try hylands teething tablets. They are homeopathic and dissovle in thier mouth in a couple of minutes
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I did seveal things with my son. I got one of those vibrating teething toys, which he loved! And I also gave him those frozen pedilyte pops.. crushed up of course.. he was a happy camper. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We used to freeze wash cloths in the freezer and let him suck on them also try flavored teething gel it tastes like candy
    AmieJo853

Answer by AmieJo853 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009