In pain need your help

All day today Ive been having really bad pains in my ovaries area and my af aint due till the 25th of this month. Never had this pain before and its hurts worse if sitting down. what can it be?

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 10:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• Not sure sweetie! Call the OB/GYN on call at the local hospitol! Or if it gets worse...go in!!!!! I hope you feel better....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Could be a million things. Make an appt. to see your doc. My co-worker had similar pains, at least the way she described them was similar to yours and she had cervical cancer. Could be fibroids. Could be a million things. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like ovulation pain-they call it "mittelschmertz". This is normal. One of your ovaries released an egg, when this happens, it can sometimes hurt. If your period is due on the 25th, this would be the end of your ovulation time -its normal to have this. Also, once you have ovulated, your egg starts to produce a lot of progesterone. This is responsible for thickening your uterus-either for a baby, or simply a period. This cramping can feel like its coming from ovaries sometimes. If it is an unbearable pain-go to doc. You could have a cyst.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2009