just because im young....

The other day i went shopping with my aunt. Well we saw a young mom with 2 kids. Both of the kids look under the age of 7. Well the little girl had fusia streaks in her hair and the boy had a green hair!! I said to my aunt wow thats a little much. and she told me "well your a young mom too wouldnt you want to give your son freedom like that all young moms do now days!" Wtf? Just because i am young doesnt mean i would let my child do whatever he wants! I know there are parents like that but not me! do you go through something like that? Like how your young so you must do that too? maybe shes like that because she doesnt have kids lol!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 10:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• What is the question? Is it whether other younger parents do the same? Sorry I got a little bit confused.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yeah sorry if ppl assume we are all alike.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i think its rude that you had to be a snot and say that about their child. who cares its not your child.
    Anonymous

• Older moms always thank that we young moms don’t know what we are doing and that we are going to mess up our kids. For them I say im an awesome mom and I do a better job at raising my kid than most of you. I love being a mom but im with you just because some young moms don’t know what there doing there is no place for you to act like we are all the same.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My little boy used to go the the YMCA daycare and they had crazy hair day so I would spray my child's hair all sorts of crazy colors! So maybe she was a fun mom and was active in her child's life and preschool. How do you even know she truly let them dye their hair? Grow up honey-you have a long row to hoe if you are going to go through life judging other mothers!!!
    Anonymous

• im not sure that you judging her is any different than your aunt judging you. there will always be people who think they know how to parent better than everyone else, maybe your aunt is one of them, maybe it runs in the family.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you. It doesn't matter how old the mom is, the mom is still the MOM! I'd I know older moms who are just as indulgent with their kids so the age of the mom really doesn't matter.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• When I see crazy things with other people I just look at my family and breathe a sigh of relief,lol
    I have to worry about my own, I could care less what other people do with their kids.... Unless of course the kids are being hurt in some way.
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 11:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Hair is just hair. It washes (temp dye) and grows out (perm dye). If it was summer and my 7 year old wanted a funky color in their hair, I'd allow it. I think that perhaps you should just keep your nose out of her business. What color your child's hair is in no way effects or relates to how good of a parent you are.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yeah I have to say it's not really my business what other's put in their child's hair. Hell we play make up time. School here doesn't allow hair dye.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009