Delay in BM Training, Perfect at "Pee Pee" Potty!

Any suggestions? My daughter has some speech delays. She is doing really well, potty training on "pee Pee" just fine. NO accidents. I cannot get her to potty train for #2, having a bowel movement on the pot. To my dismay, she also doesn't actually "Poop" correctly, she only lets out "small amounts." Sorry if TMI. Anyway, I have 4 kids. The first one is HFA and trained both "ends" by 3 years 3 months. The next two, "normal" kids were potty trained, completely, 15 and 19 MONTHS (YUP!) and this daughter is 3 years 5 months now. Any suggestions? I am concerned with the way she actually "eliminates" Thanks!

Scimecamommy

Asked by Scimecamommy at 10:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It may be her digestional tract that only releases a certain amount of feces at a time and that is why she only releases small amounts. #2 is always hard than training for #1. All I can suggest is being patient and in time it will happen. Good luck to you!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes, I run a daycare. I used for all the kids POTTY POWER DVD. It work for a lot of the kids. The kids wanted to watch it over and over. Only other suggestion. If you know the time they have a BM. Like write a time they have it. Then the next day. Kept trying to place them on the potty. get knee level this is where you need to go poo poo. same thing if they have a accident in teh daiper look into there eyes and say this is where you mommie wants you to do. once they do they will be so excited they will start singing the potty power song. I got potty power. I hear the song all day long.
    Lois
    BABBRB

Answer by BABBRB at 11:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The "small amounts"... does it seem more like a little bit of poop that has "escaped"? She may be withholding. That is VERY common. The kid flatly refuses to go and eventually a little bit of poop escapes. Or does it seem like "rabbit pellets"? Then she may be chronically consitpated. Either way, Miralax may help. It makes it impossible for her to hold it for long or fixes constipation.

For the refusing to us the potty, try "poop play". Have silly play mixing up different colors of playdoh to get that nice "poop brown" - purple and orange are a good starting point. Then have silly play putting it in a cleaned potty. Ask silly questions... "Should we put poop in the cupboard? Does poop belong in the toy box? Should we put it in the potty?"
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009