Can it be TOO cold to bathe your baby??

Our baby girl is 5 1/2 months old. Our pediatrician told us that we needed to get a humidifier and put in her room bc the air was too dry, and that the house needed to be 68-69 degrees, Well since we did that, the room stays awfully COLD and DAMP feeling, we informed the pediatrician of this, and she stated that it is perfectly fine., actually the wetter the better... BUT There was one time after we gave her a bath and put her to sleep, she developed a sore throat. After I bathe her i dry her completely and dress her in one pj's and wait a lil while before I take her directly to the room so she would be over her bathe, it don't seem like it works though. I am just scared of her to get sick again and not eat etc. etc. Or do you think that I should just continue to sponge bathe her and wash her hair under the faucet during the day when it is warmer? Any suggestions??

Baby_Kisses08

Asked by Baby_Kisses08 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it definitely can be too cold to take a bath. mothers know. if even you feel that it's a bit cold to you, the baby's skin is much thinner and more delicate. my brother always told me that no one gets sick from keeping warm not hot, they get sick from being too cold.
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• cold doesnt cause illness, bacteria and germs cause illness. however, i usually turn on the bathroom heater when i bathe my son, it keeps him from getting so cold.
    Anonymous

• cold weather makes you sneeze and sneeze can cause runny nose and you know how it is when your baby has a runny nose, they can get sick from being too cold.
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2009