Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to lose weight!!!

so am trying to lose weight! so much i joined a gym and i yet to lose weight and i have been going 3/4 times a week and still nothing!!! :-( should i start diet pillls?????

Answer Question
 
jude_503

Asked by jude_503 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • My issue is, I work at the computer all day (and at night). I'm finding that just once daily exercise doesn't cut it. I don't eat too much, actually very balanced. I'm finding the issue is about continuous movement. And as slower our metabolisms go, more continuous movement. But this is difficult when working to pay bills is priority.
    BlueSaphire

    Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • No, don't start diet pills...most don't work, and the ones that do are only temporary and are unhealthy. The gym/exercise only makes up 10% of fitness and losing weight. The other 90% is made up of 10% genetics and 80% *NUTRITION*. You can lose weight without ever stepping foot in a gym, but you can't lose weight (healthily) without eating right. I would go over your eating regimen (I hate the word "diet" as it should be a lifestyle not a quick fix) and make sure that things are up to par with where they need to be. If you're not sure if you're diet is where it should be, feel free to record your eating habits for the next couple of days and PM it to me and I'll look over it for you.

    Good Luck!
    MamaPyratekk

    Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • No, don't start diet pills. Keep going to the gym. On the scale, it will seem that you are gaining weight. Don't go by that. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. I recently started going to the gym & I do feel myself tightening up a bit, slowly. It does wonders for my mental health! The key is is that you have to eat healthy...low fat, high protein, little or no salt/sugar. I know, sounds boring, but it's what you have to do. What's the point of working your butt off at the gym & then not watching what you are eating? At least that's what I try to tell myself. Good luck to you :)
    gaamom

    Answer by gaamom at 8:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • dont do diet pills - remember that muscle weighs more than fat - measure yourself and keep a journal - i did this and even when the scale wasnt moving the inches were.
    measure your: neck, upper arms, arround your stomach just below your ribs, arround your stomach at the belly button, arround your butt, arround your upper thighs.
    do this in the am - and weigh yourself at same time, once a week on the same day.
    good luck
    vakatia

    Answer by vakatia at 2:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Ive tried the diet pills.. did nothin for me.
    I saw results in measuring myself about every two weeks, that includes getting on the scale! I use little moles or scars Ive had as a guideline- so Im not measuring different parts everytime... then log it in a book! :) Use centimeters too so youre more accurate!
    Luck!
    davesgirl86

    Answer by davesgirl86 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.