How can I help my baby adjust to moving to a new house?

Hello! I have a 10 month old baby girl, and we are currently in the process of moving to a new house. We are moving out of the house she has lived in since she was born, and I don' t know what to expect. Also, since recently, she has been sleeping with my husband and I. We just got her into her own room and crib, and she is doing wonderful! I don't know whether we should let her sleep with us again, in the new house, until she gets used to our new home or just keep her in her own room and crib. I'd hate to go backwards with her sleeping in her own room, but then I also have to think about how big of an adjustment it is for her, and I have to think about her feelings. Any advice or experience would help so much! Thanks so much and God Bless!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we didn't just move to the house, we moved to the new country when kayden was 10 months old. he was sleeping in his crib in my room and i kept it that way. i think planning is good, but it's best to go with the flow. changing the environment can make babies a bit more clingy, just let her be close to you until she is comfortable and builds her trust. you can try to arrange her room just the way they were, and don't do laundry yet, she should prefer the old smell of the blankie. however, if she needed to stay with you, don't let her be alone in the new room. i was worried that kayden wouldn't be ok after we moved, but he surprised me. i think it's true that babies can adjust better, even better than we can. good luck and you can share with me what happened after you move !
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009