how did you?

How did you potty train your child?

Did you buy a seat to put on the toliet, a individual potty seat or put them straight on the toliet?

My daughters 20 months and we've been working with her. We had bought a seat to put on the toliet ... We got close but long story short she got it stuck on her neck and now won't go. She always tells me she doesn't have to go and is terrified that she's gonna fall in. Just wondering what to do now.

kinzleysmommy

Asked by kinzleysmommy at 10:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't put her on the grown up toilet cuz she's already afraid. i would buy those little baby toilet and make sure she gets to choose it.
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Since she's afraid, take her to the store and let her pick out a little potty.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Too funny, my son got one of those stuck around his neck too!

But we ended up using the little potty with him for a while. I had bought both because I didn't know which to get. He used the little one for a few months in the beginning. Then he started to want to go like his dad, so he started using the big toilet, but he decided that on his own. I never pushed it. I would take her and let her pick out her own potty, like kaycee said.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Forgot to add, I also would let him sit on the potty, with his clothes on, in the living room at the very beginning, just so he could get used to it. Then he could see he wasn't going to fall in it, nothing was going to come out, whatever. And he used to like to have books to look at while he was on it in the bathroom. Good luck!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009