• In the Spotlight:

i love him, should we still trying, help!!!

i broke up my engagenemt, things were not going so well for a couple of weeks, i tryed telling him what it was bothering me. most of the time we do not fight or argue at all, i realize that when things are not doing do well, i get mad and i react with emotions. so when i gave him the ring back, i said , i think is better if u take care of your self and i will take care of my self. and he didn't say anything. do u think he should of said something? I do love him, but i was thinking so negative about everything that i had more power to do it, we know eachother for a total of 3 years , do u think i should still try to work things out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Work on it. Do you know how hard it is to find that one person? It sounds like you are a very emotional person. I have felt that way in my marriage, I have been married a year and 2 months. I have felt like walking away more times then I even care to remember, but being in a relationship like that, if you LOVE the person the way you sound like you do, you're in it for the long hall. Theres gonna be tough times, thats life, when you said yes to him you said yes to the bad days, the bad attitudes, you also said yes to the good days. When you are thinking negative, think of all the good days, from the sounds, other then these past few weeks yall get along great right? Talk about you're feelings, but don't expect him to react huge, he's a guy. He understands, but he might not know what to do or say. It sounds like this can be solved very easily if you'll work on it. Good luck!
    KateInTheSurf

Answer by KateInTheSurf at 12:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sounds like you need to get some counseling. You called off a wedding because things had been tough for a couple of weeks... honey when you're married things get a LOT tougher than they ever did before. You're asking if HE should have said something; I'm thinking you are the one that should have kept your silence. You can't play this guy on again/off again and expect him to feel like you're his forever girl.....
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Please don't stop trying yet. 18 years ago I made the mistake of breaking off my engagement to an incredible man for reasons that could have been easily resolved. I live with that regret everyday, wishing I would have been able to communicate what I was struggling with to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009