Anyone Watch 20/20 what would you do?Did ya'll watch the one about the guy working at the fast food place and would serve the spanish speaking guys that went in there because they didn't speak english.So my question is for the people that did watch it what would you have done?

Personally it would have teed me off and I don't think i would go back to that place of business again.I myself think it is morally wrong to treat someone so rudely as if they are not human.Just because they speak Spanish or what ever language and they don't know English.Has America become that ignorant to were it bothers people if they don't speak English. When we go to other countries they welcome us with open arms why can we just do the same and please don't make this an issue about being here illegally because just because you don't speak English doesn't mean your not from America and it doesn't mean you came illegally.All I'm asking is what would you have done,would you have helped them or agreed with the fast food worker?

tracey77978

Asked by tracey77978 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• Sorry but I feel that if you are going to a country that you should at least try to learn the language that is spoken there. If I can not understand a person how can I help them. I would not have been rude like that however! I would have tried at the very least. I work in a place where I may be confronted with that problem. I would certainly try to help the people, and at another job I sought out someone who spoke Spanish to help me out. But if I can't speak Spanish and there is no one around to translate then I am not going to rack my brain and have them get pissed at me cause I can't understand them.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I do feel strongly if you are going to live here you should at least attempt to learn basic communication skills in English. I traveled around the world and always made an attempt to study up on their language and when I lived in Japan I even learned how to read and speak some of it.

With that said I saw the show and no I would not have let them be treated badly. They are still people and they still needed to eat. I would have ordered the food for them.

Actually today at the OB office there was a new couple there who spoke zero english and they were having the hardest time filling out the forms etc..and then I bumped into the women in the hallway. Since she could not read the signs she did not know to leave her urine in this doorthing, so was wondering around embarrased. I helped her but it was funny becuase I spoke in English and she spoke back in spanish, but somehow we communicated.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• J9Mommy great answer very well said.
    tracey77978

Answer by tracey77978 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thanks :)
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would have stood up for the people, b/c I think everyone should be treated equally until they give you a reason to dislike them. However people coming into this country should learn the language, just like if we were to go to another country (say France?lol) we should at least learn the basics!
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 3:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i would not have had an issue because i speak a lil spanish and would have tried to translate. if teh guy working there was rude i would have taken his name and asked for his boss and insisted that he be written up.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• That was wrong what he did. All answers above are good.
    Anonymous

• I don't think they should be treated badly but I do think that if you are going to move here you should make an effort to learn the language. I think it should be a part of the immigration process.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 1:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• That Guy Was A Complete A** But Like All The Other Poster Have Said If You Are Going To Move Somewhere You Should Have To Know The Language.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I feel very strongly that if come to this or any country you need to learn the language! If i went to Mexico for more than a day i would need to learn Spanish so i could communicate; they wouldn't learn English so they could understand me; so why should i learn Spanish when they come to an English speaking country?? But, i think it was very rude of him not to serve them because of it. You can use sign language and hand gestures to get your point across. Pure rudeness is unacceptable
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009