going rates

when u get a douala is it one payment of wut ever or is it an hour

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I generally have my clients pay a deposit when they sign the service agreement (My deposit is $200) and then they can make payments until they have paid the remaining $400. The remaining balance is due by their 38th week, when it is possible for them to go into labor at any time. My services go the same way, even for discounted or special service clients (low income, teen mothers, military...)
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Postpartum Doulas generally charge by the hour. The going rates for Postpartum Doulas that I've seen is anywhere from $10 to $35 an hour depending on the services. Personally, I charge $15 per hour with a $50 deposit to ensure I have gas to get there.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sorry, forgot to put in my first post that almost all Doulas have you pay a deposit and a remaining fee. If they don't make it to your birth in time, you are refunded your remaining fee, but not the deposit, unless you fail to contact her.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Most doulas will charge a deposit and allow payments. You can usually find one that will work with you. Post partum doulas may be different.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 2:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have a question what are the requirements to being a doula and what do they do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2009