I can't remember when my last period was. Tried to conceive on 1/13. How long should I wait to take test?

December was very hectic for my family. My mother had a stroke and we spent the latter half of December in the hospital with her. She's going to be ok Thank God! Because everything was so crazy, I'm not sure the exact date of my last menstual cycle. We tried to conceive on 1/13. How long should I wait to find out if we succeeded?

BethanyB930

Asked by BethanyB930 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It usually takes about two weeks to get a clear answer from an at-home kit. Of course, doctors have much more sensitive tests they run so it could show earlier. Take a test after a week, then if it is negative, retest again in another week. If still negative, but no period, go see ob-gyn.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You had sex three days ago. Wait a few more weeks and see if you start your period, if you don't then take a test.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It will take about 2 weeks from the day of conception to show up on a pregnancy test. I know things have been hectic for you, but if you are really wanting to get pregnant, you need to have sex more than just once a month. Good luck.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009