Milk ?

Whats the best way to transition a baby from formula to milk? My daughter will be one at the end of this month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I mixed real milk in her cereal for the last couple of months. After she turned a year I just stopped formula all together and the transition went fine.
    Anonymous

• It just depends on you. I know some people that go cold turkey 100% milk. What did the Pedi say and does she have allergies. I did 1/3 formula the rest milk for a couple days then 1/2 formula and the rest milk, then straight to milk. Some kids do have issues with constipation also when move to milk.
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 11:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's up to you.
    You can slowly mix more and more milk into her formula so she gets used to the taste. For example: 6 ounces of formula with 2 ounces of milk, then 4 and 4, 2 and 6.
    OR
    Just switch her. That's what I did and it worked out fine for us. But as you know, every baby is different!

And congrats on the first year!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Its safer and easier on your baby if you do alittle at a time for a week or so. It will keep her from getting diarrhea or tummy troubles. Also to see if she has milk allergy. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2009