when did you have it ready?

when did you have your bag packed to go to the hospital? babys stuff and yours? how many weeks were you?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my bag packed early... which they told me was a good idea... but then I started needing things out of my bag and started taking them out, thinking I would just pack it again two weeks before my due date. Bad idea. I went into labor 2 weeks early and realized I didn't have my toothbrush, hairbrush, or my camera! =O
    They tell you it's best to have your bag packed three weeks before your due date, just in case you should go into labor early like I did.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had my bag packed and ready a month in advance just to make sure I was ready I have had 6 kids and it took me the third one to figure out they may come early. My third son was born 3 1/2 weeks early and i didnt have a bag or anything ready...oppss Lesson learned..
    mil_wife_mom_7

Answer by mil_wife_mom_7 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Heh, I am 37 and a half weeks and we JUST did it the other night - when I went to the hospital for high blood pressure. (We we worried they might keep us - didn't want to get caught with no camera)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I got my daughters bag packed 3days! before she was born which was at 38 wks. And I didnt ever get mine packed. We had seperate bags becauseI had a c-sec andI had to pack for days.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• is it fine or weird lol if i pack mine right now??
    im 36 weeks. and ive already had contractions and dilated a bit... ive been at 1 for a few weeks but im starting to feel a lot different lately.

and i was at the hospital the other day for leakage and realized... we have NOTHING packed or ready lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I packed it the night I started having contractions, 49 hours before my DD was born. She was only 10 days early.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• For my first two, I think I had my bag packed about 1 1/2 months before my due date. With my third, he was a planned c-section, so, the back got packed maybe a week before the day we needed to be in the hospital.
    mommylovesthree

Answer by mommylovesthree at 12:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well I am 33 weeks and my bag along with my daughters things are already in the car and ready to go....
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sh**! i better get a move on!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 12:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i had my things ready a month before due date, then needed things from the bag and started to take them out. the day i went into the hospital my bag was no longer ready . lol * so i had sent my son's father home to pick things up for me and the baby
    ladiijadex3

Answer by ladiijadex3 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009