lotion!

when did you put baby lotion on your newborn? how soon after birth?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I put lotion on my baby after his first bath
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• when did you give his first bath? LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The hospital put lotion on my son as soon as they got him cleaned up. I also used it everytime I gave him a sponge bath.
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• okay i just wasnt sure if they didnt give it to them right away after bathin in the hospital idk.. sensitive skin i guess is what i was thinking about.
    should i bring a little travel size of baby lotion with me to the hospital or no? do they have it there? im deciding on what im bringing with me for my stay and yeah :) lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They have it there and they will even send some home with you.....
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yup, they give it to you. And don't forget to grab ALL the diapers and wipes and extras under the baby bed when your discharged because we just throw it away. ( I worked in the NICU). Once it's in a families room its considered "contaminated" so everything gets tossed. Take advantage of it and take it ALL! : )
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't think I put any lotion on until preschool aged. It's really healthy and helpful to rub in the vernix~ avoid the bath or no soap if you must...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would bring lotion for mom, especially with a hospital birth. The A/C is always blowing, air is dry...
    doulala