So I am going to sound like a horrible person right now.

First of all, I am not perfect and have many flaws and I realize this:)

Okay here is my situation: Whenever I make friends with people I absolutely adore them and have a lot of fun with them! But then after about a year of being friends with them they start to bother me and become annoying. I start to see all of there flaws and it drives me nuts!! I know deep down they are good people and I still would like to be friends with them, but they just start to get on my nerves.
What the hell is my problem? Do you have this problem, or am I alone?
Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• i have this problem. no you are not alone. i am this way to its like people annoy me out of no where. and then i complain because i have no friends. what is our problem?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Okay Mommabear you and I should be friends and we can annoy the hell out of eachother lol! At least we won't have to hide the way we feel haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Part of being a good friend is accepting each other's flaws. I'm sure we all have traits that are annoying to other people. A true friend sticks with you through the good times and bad times and overlooks the flaws. If you want to keep friends you have to be a friend. Focus on the things that are good about these friends.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 12:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm totally the same way...hmmm. But, I do have to say- I've had the same for for 6 years..but we don't see eachother often because we're stationed at different places. That's the good thing about the military- you move a lot so once one of my friends starts getting on my nerves, it's time to move!
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Im the same way... sometimes i dont answer my phone cuz i just dont feel like dealing with my "friends" (and i put that in quotes cuz my friends are the ones that ditch you when they have a new boyfriend but call you 1000000 times when they get dumped) and that annoys me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I am the exact same way. I think I didn't become this way until I got married. Now, I feel like my friends are my little people and my husband is my best friend. I do have two really close friends but when I am with them I spend most of that time on the phone with my husband! I suck as a friend!
    sweetdynasty

Answer by sweetdynasty at 12:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sweetdynasty, maybe you just matured and they didnt.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• OMG I do the same thing, except for I think I am a little bit worse because when they start to get on my nerves I just ignore them, and them when they stop calling I get all butt hurt, stupid right it makes no sense what so ever, but really I can't help it for some reason it seems like everyone I become friends with has SOOOOO much drama and I dont always feel like hearing it, it gets really old
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• OMG!!! I am soooooo glad i'm not alone. Most of my closest friends have husbands and kids or whatever so they don't bug me all the time. But i have this one friend in particular who really annoys me. She calls all the time, but never has anything to say. After i've ignored her calls for 2 weeks, we talk, and after about 5 mins of catching up there's nothing left to talk about. Then in a deperate struggle to hang on to the pointless conversation she'll say "Sooooooo................ what else is going on?" UUUUUURRRRRGGGGG!!!! It just drives me up the wall!!!! And everytime I tell my husband about it, he thinks i'm just being mean and tells me I shouldn't be like that. Maybe we just don't have enough in common. I have actually tried to decide if our time has run it's course, but what would I say to end it? She hasn't DONE anything to me! I don't know what's wrong with me!!!!
    javxs3

Answer by javxs3 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'll compare it to when we meet a guy. We want to impress him, we think about him all the time. We boast about how great he is to our friends. Then we marry him. And after about a month or two we start noticing little things we didn't before. By the end of the year we're using phrases like "he can like it or lump it". We're trying not to think about him because it'll just piss us off. We complain about him to our friends. We still love him but we know him know. It's the same with friends. If we spend too much time with them we get to know them too well.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009