Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shhould i go to the ER??

I am 35 weeks pregnant, almost 36, and i am experiencing some major discomfort down below... Im really swolen, and it hurts tto sit down, walk and stand up. It also itches. It feels kinda like a yeast infection only really bad... what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by momma_bear11 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I would go to the doctor and get checked out. After all that is what we are paying them for...Good luck

    Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • everything sounds normal except the itching.. i would call your dr in the morning and explain it to him/her

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • I would go to the ER or call your doctor.

    Answer by calliesmommy08 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • if your even thinking about it then go to the er!

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • Everything sounds normal to me, period. The vaginal itching is caused by swelling from the baby dropping. It's very common. If you're experiencing discoloured discharge and/or an odor, though, then you may want to consult your doctor. Even the discomfort when sitting is normal (as much as I hate to say it... and I'm cringing just remembering it.)

    Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • When you say you're swollen... where do you mean? Your stomach? Vagina? Legs? If you are experiencing any swelling in your legs higher than your knees, you actually should go to the ER.

    Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Did you aask for more?