okay..

so at the end of this month we are taking a long trip with a our two yr old...so what can we can do to keep occupied? its a 6 hr trip. so i need some help.

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• drive at night... he will probably sleep the whole way!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We usually leave right after lunch so they sleep a good portion of the way for their nap. When they're awake, we make more frequent stops so they can get out at the rest areas and run a bit. We run to the building (go potty once there) and run back to the truck. It's a quick 10-15 minute stop, but it helps.

DVD player with favorite cartoons. A few hours of "garbage" for your sanity isn't going to hurt!!! LOL Let them pick their favorite shows/movies. We have better luck with the DVD's with several episodes...Diego, Dora, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Superfriends (the ones from when I was a kid)...about the time they start losing interest, there's a new one on! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would try to schedule so that nap time falls in the middle. You'd eat breakfast at home, drive a couple of hours, get out of the car for lunch, get back in and drive a couple more hours (which will correspond with nap time), when he wakes up stop and get a snack and let him run around, and then push through for a couple more hours. I will generally sit in the back seat with my daughter so I can read stories, get her different books and toys to play with, and feed her snacks. We'll probably end up getting a DVD player one of these days. We recently bought the Scholastic Video Collection, which is fantastic!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009