Can you have a period after you are pregnant?

I just took two pregnancy tests today, and both were positive. This is my second pregnancy. I didn't find out until my 4th month on my first one, because I have such an irregular period. My last period was Dec. 7th, but the soonest I could have gotten pregnant after that was Dec. 21st. So that would put me around 3.4 weeks. Both of the pee tests that I took IMMEDIATELY showed positive before a minute went by. They were really dark too. So my question is this. Could I have gotten pregnant in November? I had a light 5 day period that started Dec. 7th. It wasn't even constant. The reason why I ask is, the pregnancy tests I took were cheap, and I didn't think it would show up on a pee test so early, if I was only in the 3rd week.

JbabysMommy

Asked by JbabysMommy at 12:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is very possible to have a period even after becoming pregnant. I know many people who have had their periods up until their 6th month of pregnancy! (My Mom included!) For those positives to come up as quick as they did... you're either experiencing that or maybe pregnant with twins? I've heard stories of moms of twins getting immediate positives pretty early!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i would say yes it is possible,, also implantationbellding can resemble a period.. lit's usually light and can last c few days
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• sorry * bleeding..* i am typing with out my contacts in!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had 2 with my first I got pregnant in october but didnt find out til january because I had them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Here's a great link for you to read regarding your question:

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/pregnantperiod.html
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My last two pregnancy's have been postive through dollar store pregnancy tests. I took them the day I missed my period and they were both pregnancy's. I think in order the get the right amount of weeks that you are pregnant you would have to get an ultrasound. You could be but you wont know until the ultrasound. Also if you let your doctor know the situation they might speedy up the ultrasound to see how far along you are. I wish you luck and congratulations.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:56 AM on Jan. 16, 2009