HOW SOON CAN YOU GO BACK TO WORK AFTER DELIVERY??

VAGINAL DELIVERY.
Second child.
Thanks for responding. I appreciate your honest and helpful input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• As soon as your doctor clears you for it I suppose...but I could not imagine going back to work right after, or even 2 weeks after. I stayed at work until a week before I delivered just so I would have more time at home after.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Whenever you feel up to it. I was "down" for 2 days. Then after that, sure I was a SAHM but things didn't just freeze, dinner still needed made, kids still had needs. Life moves on.

Physically I'd say you are capable within a week. I went back to waitressing when my oldest was 3 weeks old.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• well in olden days women would have their babies in the field or mines then strap the baby round them and carry on working ...but we dont need to do tat anymore...you can work anytime but you will never get those first few days weeks months bak with baby. c wot the doc says and take their advice.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 5:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2009