Should CafeMom remove the Anonymous Option?

How many of you agree that CafeMom should remove the anonymous option on the Ask a Question post? I think that we are all mature enough where we should be honest enough to provide CLEAN, RESPECTFUL RESPONSES, AND NO BASHING on this post.

Some of these women really need help and it isn't fair when you get the ones that are just RUDE! I think that if you can't say anything nice then DON'T POST! I think the anonymous option should be removed.

Keep in mind that we are all Mommies and what example are we showing are kids. Are we telling our kids that it is OK to be rude to someone in need.

SimplyCreative

Asked by SimplyCreative at 12:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• nope i think they should keep it.

BEING RUDE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING ANONYMOUS. YOU CAN STILL BE RUDE AND SHOW WHO YOU TRULY ARE.

if someone is being rude, report them anonymous or not and if they have broken the rules they will get notified and eventually suspended and possibly deleted.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Okay now you are beating a dead horse!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think that there are some questions that are asked that are embarrassing for the poster, and I think the option to be Anon and ask should stay, but I think that the option to be Anon and answer should go.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• why should anonymous ANSWERS stay? you can give embarrassing answers as well. why not just report the people that are being rude. or we can all be mommies and ignore them.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I use the anon option sometimes if I am confiding something secret to a specific post and dont want everyone knowing who I am. I do not use it to be rude purposefully. I know many women do but it is still not a valid reason to eliminate the option altogether.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yep...toss it out.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think that you should only be allowed to ask a question anonymously. If you think an answer will be too personal, don't answer. Have you noticed that Most of the time, people who answer questions anonymously are being the most rude?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I prefer to answer TMI and sex questions anonymously.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you can still have a personal ANSWER.... you dont have to ask the personal question either.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i also think that you should still be able to ask anon. questions...but i think alllll answers should be shown..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2009