• In the Spotlight:

Inaugural Tuesday

How many are going to watch the Inaugural on Tuesday, and how many are going to get busy doing something else?

I’m going to get busy doing something else. I’ve had enough of the farce … not seeing any change except skin color ... the rest seems like busines as usual.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I AM UBER EXCITED FOR THE INAUGURAL ON TUESDAY. I'M NOT WATCHING IT ONLY BCUZ I REFUSE TO PAY FOR CABLE LOL. SO ITS OKAY I'LL WATCH ITONLINE!! :) I'M UBER EXCITED THOUGH. :)
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I homeschool so we will watch it as part of our history lesson
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Honestly, I think I'm washing my hair at that time...or maybe it's just that I have this other thing going on...idk, but I'm sure I will be able to find something else better to do. Maybe I can watch paint dry...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i wouldnt watch if i had to..total waste of my time,ive got alot better things to do...its a farce alright...he is no different than any other man...its not like he is a god or anything like some seem to believe...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yes I'll be watching with a few of my girlfriends at a nice restaurant/bar.
    Anonymous

• Haha...it's funny all the people who are against Obama always post anonymous.

I will be watching it with my daughter. I thought at first it was on while I was in class but nope...comes on just before it :-) I haven't missed an inauguration since George H.W. Bush when I was a little girl...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I plan to watch- whether I agree or not, it's history. I don't want to be so close-minded that I miss history in the making because I disagreed with it....

Honestly, had I been alive for the Civil Rights Movement, or the Kennedy Assasination and I missed it because I didn't agree with the movement, or I didn't care about parades... that's kind of ridiculous. History is history. Being apart of it is something I want to tell my grandkids about.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 3:01 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Don't care to, I have much better things to do, but it sucks because it is supposed to be an all day event from like 4am to 3pm
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• 8 years, Babybeans.

It is, in fact, an historical event. Was the moon landing a more significant occasion? Because everyone tuned in for that. Would you have gone out of your way to do something else then? How many people watch the season finale of Dancing With the Stars? I don't hear anyone bitching about the worthlessness of that. The Superbowl. The Oscars. The Presidential debates.

Why are we picking on the inauguration?

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• And, if I am in my office~ I usually have the news on, and it will be on. But, not I will not stop working to watch this.
    I find it all humourous. So many thought he was going to be a "President of Change".
    I, too, see the Same Politician making the Same nominiees for his administration, asking for MORE Taxpayer money(that we don't have) for a bailout plan that frankly I am not sure I agree with. So far NO, I do not agree with it. But because there aren't details yet, and Obama has said if it doesn't pass the wolrd will end. Who knows.. We shall see. But he is just another Politician with aspirations wasting tax payers money on his OWN agenda.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009