Tampons? WARNING: TMI

So, I had my baby 6 months ago. I had a pretty "average" vaginal delivery. Before I was pregnant, I was a tampon user. Now, it seems like I have a hard time keeping one in. They just kind of slide out,after a very short time. Have any of you had this problem? How long before you could comfortably wear a tampon again? Thank you!

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• It happened to me, just do kegals and it will eventually get better...all you really can do for now is change your tampon often...mine were sliding out even though I was using the most absorbent ones out there. Its just because your muscles worked really hard during labor.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 3:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This happens to me too. You are probably bleeding heavier or shaped different. Use a tampon that expands in a v shape, and double up with a pad or panty liner on heavy days in case it slips. I usually use super or super plus. This helps too.....very, very uncomfortable when they slip halfway out. I hate it.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This ? has been asked before....right? Or maybe I'm going crazy!

I have never heard of this before. I'm not saying it can't happen, just doesn't happen to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• and what if it was asked before?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Can you put it further back when you first put it in?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Have you tried a different brand? This happens to me with Playtex. I find the Kotex brand to be very comfortable.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have the same problem but it is because my cervix had dropped some from 3 pregnancies. I have to be sure I have passed it a bit with the end of the tampon or it will not stay in. Good luck.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thank you for your answers ladies.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 16, 2009