If you could be president...

If you knew you would be elected without question, would your run for President of the USA.

Why or why not?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hell yeah i would. because then the world would revolve around me!? duh! lol.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yes just so i can have free food!! lol
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• lol.. misty91 i didnt think about that one!

no but really .. i would because i think i could probably do a better job than bush.. i would keep gas prices down.. and i would make the big companies pay more taxes and lower them for the poor peoples like ourselves! and i would grant more money for school and gov't issued stuff. i would make this country a better place to live at.

i can dream cant it?

i would promote world peace! bcuz i think its possible if we could all get over ourselves and really work on it. i think peace can be done!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no way! I wouldn't want that kind of power
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 1:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i think i would go madd with power!

i'd go crazy and destroy what we call the usa..

wait ssomeone already did that what is his name... lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• hmmm...I would definitely run.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i wouldn't. I don't understand enough about politics, or the economy. I mean a monkey would be better than Bush, but i don't think i could handle that kind of pressure!
    LunarEclipse

Answer by LunarEclipse at 2:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No. I don't, because there are too many people who make it their life's work to dig up "dirt" and other "good gossip" on politicians and their families - whether it's the fault of the person in office or not - and whether it has any bearing on whether they are fit to hold office or not. They do it in the name of news or as comedy to entertain people. Too many innocent people get hurt. It would be different if they just focused on politics and policy choices, but...

For example - my grandfather was a pedophile who molested me and other family members, and killed himself when he was reported. Not my fault, I was a child, it's in the past, I've moved beyond it. But that's not something I would like to see tossed around on, say, Letterman or some news channel. Nor do I think my sisters and cousins would like their names tossed in there and speculated about publicly in regards to this.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:04 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Another example - look at the way both Carter and Clinton had their brothers talked about - is it their fault their brothers are the way they are? Or, honestly, Bush with his speech problems - most of us wouldn't laugh at someone with an impediment like that, but if they're a politician, we do.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't know...I mean it would be nice...but I don't think I'm a smart enough person for that job, honestly...but then again...I feel like I could do a better job than Bush...ya know?
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 3:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009