what should i do if the father of my baby is cheating

i am 24 weeks pregnant and i found out that the man ive been with who is the father of my baby has been living with this girl (who is his girlfriend) since weve got back together (we both decided before to go seperate ways but he came back to me). i went to his aot and she was there and all his secrets came out. he says he cares about us both and he tells me he loves me but he doesnt know who he wants to be with. i have always told myself if i ever get in this situation i will leave the man, but now that im here, im completely lost. i want to leave him alone so he can realize wat he wants to do on his own, and so i can have time to think, but he keeps callin me and keeps tryin to get ahold of me, even tho hes still living with her. what on earth should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• if he loved you he wouldnt of done what he did. if you forgive him and let him come back into your home he will keep doing this. they never change. but if you take a stand for you and your baby and put your foot down and let him know that you will not take his shit then, maybe he will understand. my suggestion would be to ignore his calls. and just try to get done with the preg. because you shouldnt be stressing over him right now worry about the baby which is what is important right now!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Tell him calmly and rationally that while he's not sure, you are. You cannot put yourself through this when you are pregnant. As long as he's living with someone else, you can't even consider being with him anymore. That's not the exapmle you want to set for your child.

If, IF, you still think you have feelings for him, tell him that's something you two will have to work out, over time, after he has removed himself from this woman's presence. But that you can't risk raising a child in a h ome where you can't trust your partner.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 1:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• AnnieMcD has excellent advice (the other mom does too of course!). Dont do anything you wouldnt want to teach your own daughter to do.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If he truly loved you, he'd be with you.
    Why is it that he now needs "space" to figure out what he wants only now that he's been caught? Why wasn't he thinking about this before?
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Ignore his ass, and tell him to go to hell. Why do you have such low self-esteem that you want his attention? Screw him..This relatioship will give you nothing but stress and heartache. Sorry for the bluntness but its true. IGNORE HIM!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009