Do you get your kids Valentines?

and if so what will you be getting them?

If you don't actually buy them anything what things do you do to brighten their day?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2012 in Holidays

• Yes. I usually give them a card and some candy for the boys and I get the girls some flowers.

Answer by gemgem at 10:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2012

• My boys each get small box of candy and a mylar balloon.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2012

• They'll both get cards and William is picking her up Chipotle (her fave Mexican food) and delivering it to her school for lunch. Someone posted on here a few weeks back about Target having a midnight release of Breaking Dawn and how if you bought your copy on that night from Target than the DVD would include actual flowers from the wedding scene in the movie. Now, I'm not sure if they are the real deal (the flowers that is) but just telling my 13yr old Twi-Hard will make her Valentine. So, I'm having William go out and purchase it for her as her V-Day gift.

I'm at a loss as to what to get my 6yr old.

Ladybugkisses76

Comment by Ladybugkisses76 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2012

• Last year I got my son (he was two) a book called I Love You Because You're You. I'll probably get something similar this year. We have a lot of love-related books at my work right now, and he loves books. I'll also get him some candies.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2012

• Yes and this will be my dd's first valentines... i do a treat bag for my son..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2012

• absolutely - and some candy - that is enough to show that you love them
    lindariley

Answer by lindariley at 11:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2012

• Yes - my older ones will be getting cards with ITunes gift cards in them. My 3 yo is getting some extra track for his train set along with some zoo freight cars. My 18 month old is getting some dress up stuff. We try to keep it around $10-20 for each of them.

Answer by missanc at 1:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2012

• No...we don't believe Vday is much of a holiday... hallmark type yes, for adults maybe, but not for
    children outside of sharing those vday cards with friends ....
    No gifts from us... just some treats to take to school to share with friends...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2012

• We don't do Valentine's Day in general. It's my mom's birthday and it was her parents' anniversary. Grandpa would take all of out to the fanciest restaurant in town to celebrate.

DH's family never did anything. So, we celebrate my mom's birthday and that's it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2012

• Yes we usually give them books or go to a movie.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 8:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2012