did anyone had a abnormal pap test result?

well i had a abnormal pap test result while i was pregnant in feb my doc told me that she is gonna have a biopsy and or colposcopy im not really sure but i know its like with vinegare....the said its kinda painful....im really scared bc first it might be painful and 2nd of all if it is positif that mean i have a cancer is it true?
im not really understanding
did anyone experienced this before?
thanks ladies for responding

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 1:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• ooh yeah yeah i had that when i was preg . they said it was hpv.. and they take a small sample which is a biopsy... and they test it for cancer.. then they go from their..

and actually now that i'm thinking about it they never gave me the results.. and when they retested me after i was done being preg. it was gone.. so

yeah.. thats all i can say.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No, it doesn't mean you have cancer. It is a possibility though. But don't be too nervous about it. It could be chlamydia or some sort of STD, unfortunatley that's another possibility. It could be a small number of things. The biopsy and colposcopy isn't very painful, at least it wasn't for me. You just feel some pressure and it could be uncomfortable. Just take a deep breath a relax as much as you possibly can....."Go someplace else in your head".!......LOL, just kidding. But really, relax. Breath, it'll be over before ya know it! :)
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 1:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had an abnormal pap when pregnant with my oldest. We did the colposcopy and biopsy at my 6 week check up. It was a little uncomfortable, but not really painful. It came out abnormal still, but it doesn't mean it's cancer, it is usually pre-cancerous cells. My dr chose to do a cervical freeze for my treatment the next week, and I just had to go back every 6 months to make sure everything was ok.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yeah this happened to me. Mine was NOT related to HPV though! You just have some abnormal cells and its really no big deal! Its not that painful either.

Also, nobody in the USA should ever die from cervical cancer if it does happen to be cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• thanks ladies...yes it was for my 6weeks check up...well hope everything will be ok
    if a pap smear im already not relax so i dont know how im gonna do this...lol
    tigernina

Answer by tigernina at 2:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had the same thing happen to me. I had an abnormal result come back on a routine pap smear. They did the colpo and a biopsy. Honestly, it was more uncomortable than painful for me. The biopsy was a big pinch, nothing horrendous. My resutls came back that they found PRE cancerous cells. Not cancer. I had a minor outpatient surgery to get rid of the cells. Unfortuatley, they came back...and we found them when I was about 19 weeks pregnant. Another colpo, but no biopsy. The Dr. didn't want to do any damage to my cervix. Bottom line, you have caught it in time and it is nothing a little help from your doctor can't fix.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2009