Would 17 lbs be realistic for me, or unhealthy?

I just had my 2nd baby 3 weeks ago, and am already almost to my pre-pregnancy weight. (No, I'm not dieting - just really really lucky I guess.) Pre-pregnancy, I was 130 lbs, and for the record I am 5'3". I am down to 132 now, and in a few weeks I plan to start back up with my workout routine.

In high school, I weighed 115, and yet I am still wearing the same size clothes these days, even at 130 lbs. So my question is, is it realistic for me to try and get back down to 115? I don't understand where these extra 15 lbs are distributed, lol! Do you think it's muscle mass??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think that is a very realistic goal:)

I have that same problem! I have two children and I am wearing smaller clothes now than I was in highschool. Hmmmm...I think they make sizes "bigger" now-so you will feel slim and buy that brand! JMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thank you!! I think you are right, they must make sizes bigger these days. That would certainly explain a lot.

Okay, 115 is now my unofficial goal.....if I make it there, great. If not, I at least want to maintain a healthy weight! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You've probably gained the weight in your limbs. Clothing is made to fit the torso.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think that's a great goal, being fit and slim just makes the world of difference. I was 110 pre pregnancy weight and I'm 5ft 7. Although I needed to gain some weight so after my first child, I kept 15 of the pounds and felt like I looked better. I don't really exercise a ton, like you I just feel lucky :-) big smile miniI'm pregnant with my sixth and I got down to 135 before getting pregnant. I plan to be back there after this child also!1 I'm 27 and getting older so I pray that the weight still comes off! Good luck to you and looking good and feeling great

mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 9:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2009