i am so tired, i neeeeeed some energy!

my son is 5 months old and i love being with him during the day and i love playing with him!! but i can hardly keep up with the little guy i'm just exhausted all the time, i breastfeed so i dont drink soda or coffee or energy drinks. any advice, willing to do anything:) oh and i take naps with him usually once a day. i just dont know what my problem is...

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 1:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A moderate amount of caffeine per day 6is fine while you're nursing.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 1:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Vitamin B6 and B12 can help boost your energy and keep you feeling good. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Don't feel alone! I have a 5 month old also and I am right there with you. I have been soooo tired the past few weeks! I just cant seem to get enough sleep! I thought maybe it was just me, but I don't have much of a solution. (sorry) I don't breastfeed anymore because of BPmedication but I've tried coffee, and caffeine and even that doesnt help me. We just discussed the B vitamins this morning, I think thats my next move. If you get a solution that works, pass it on. Till then, Good luck to ya.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Things will get better :) I didnt allow myself to drink coffee until DD was probably 5 or 6 months, but i'm taking reglan for my milk supply and I just dont handle the exhaustion well. So I allow myself one cup of coffee in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I read up about it alot before I did this, and I do feel guilty for it, but I know it's STILL better for her than if she was eating formula. A very small percentage of the coffee gets into your breastmilk, and it's safe to have two average cups of just normal coffee a day. SO if you feel okay with it, a cup of coffee wont hurt :)

Other than that, it sounds like your doing everything perfect :) being tired is just part of being a mommy.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• From what I understand, caffeine is fine if you use it in moderation. If you notice a change in your baby after you consume something caffeinated, then you should stop, maybe try again and see if you get the same reaction.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009