breastfeeding and peanuts?

I am breastfeeding my nine month old daughter, and have been eating alot of peanuts lately. The past few nights she has been extremely fussy at bedtime and naptime. She cries as if she's in pain, this cry is definitely different from her normal cry. I took her to the doctor today, and she is healthy and fine. Of course only after the appointment did I remembered that ive been eating more nuts than usual, can these upset her tummy, or make her constipated??

Thanks in advance!!

kate_jocelyn

Asked by kate_jocelyn at 2:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like your probably on to something, because when i eat something that doesnt agree with my little mans stomach he gets fussy too
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• could be a peanut alergy, stop eating them and see if it gets better.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, peanuts have a way of making most babies more fussy than usual. I also heard or read somewhere that you are not supposed to be eating any peanuts while breastfeeding, Something in the peanuts will make your baby more prone to being allergic when your baby gets older. Babies I guess are not allowed to have any peanuts until they are at least one year old.(including in your breastmilk). That's what I read though, you could just go onto babycenter.com or another website if you like to get more info. :)
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 2:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2009