Concealed Penis?

When my son had his circumcision done, it was noted (after it healed) that he had a concealed penis. I was given a referral for several months down the road.. has anyone else experienced this? Could it be from his circumcision? I have followed the Ped's instructions about pulling back the skin to loosen.. but it doesn't seem to be working that well... please only positive feedback! Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't read the whole article, but it appears to be a complication of the circumcision.
    http://www.cirp.org/library/complications/trier1/
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, this is common. My son had the same thing. Hes 7 now but after his circ, it looked like it wan't there. I would push the skin back after every diaper change and it seemed fine, but it looked weird. After having his ped look at it, he told me that its not a bad thing, per se, but it just means they did not take enough skin off to make it stay out, but its okay because in time, he would grow and if they take too much off of it, then it hurts, so I am thinking the doc just erred on the side of caution to make sure she left him room to grow. It looked like that until he was about 4 yrs old. Now you can't tell it was ever like that. Just keep pushing it back to prevent an adhesion. My second son had no issues and his circ was perfect. I think his doc was a bit more experienced.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009