Okay I have a 3 year old daughter and She needs something to do what kind of sport or activity should I put her in?

So my daughter isnt shy, unless she is dancing and you watch her, but after a while she will be her self, but I dont really know what kind of a activity to put her in. She would do almost anything, and enjoy anything, but she has A-LOT of energy, we think she has ADHD, it runs in the family so we wouldnt be suprised. but I cant think of what to do with her, she drives me NUTZ. And she would be in school, which would help a little but were waiting. PLEASE give me some SUGGESTIONS. I NEED HELP!!!

Joycelyn7

Asked by Joycelyn7 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• how about T ball or soccer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Gymnastics
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We love soccer at our house! It doesn't typically cost as much as some activities. My daughter loves it!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 4:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Gymnastics!!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• soccer (lots of running), gymnastics or karate
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I say gymnastics or dance! My daughter loves gymnastics!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 8:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My daughter will be 3 in March. We have had her in gymnastics since August. We love it, and she loves it even more! Each class is only $10 and it runs for 45 minutes, one night a week. I don't know what you have nearby, we take her to a gymnastics organization. The YMCA has programs, Gymboree (the clothing company) has some gyms in certain cities, you will have to see what is out there. Gymboree also offers music and art classes.

http://www.gymboreeclasses.com/b2c/customer/home.jsp
    HappyHomeMommy

Answer by HappyHomeMommy at 9:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• basketball, soccer, gymnastics, karate, tball, ballet, . . .
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Show her videos or read her books about different sports and then find out what she's interested in! Also, look at sports seasonally - try different things out over the course of a year and see which one she likes. My son is starting soccer this weekend. This summer we'll probably do something else. Also, take time to play sports with her if you can't afford to take classes! When parents participate and encourage, it goes a long way towards building their self-confidence. Get some inexpensive kid-size sport equipment and go play with her! Let her decide what she wants to take lessons in after she's had a good sampling of the possibilities.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• She is a bit young for most organized soccer leagues. At her age your options are kind of limited. Although Soccer would be my first choice because it's so cheap and they just run run run.

Gymnastics or dance is fun. But it's much more expensive...at least $50 a month and that will not include costumes. Also Gymnastic classes, at that age, are usually about 6-8 kids and they have to sit and wait their turn while the other girls all do the same things. That was something I was very disappointed with.

Maybe look into your local YMCA and see if they have activities like once a week or something that you can take her to, maybe art or open gym or something. That would be fun and variety for her.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009