Is my 6 month old lazy?

He doesnt hold his bottle,he wont sit up. he hates being on his belly,he ocassionally plays with toys if you hold them, he doesnt roll over. My daughter was sitting up by know and playing with toys, and rolling everywhere. And making LOTS of noises. He does these things though when he really wants it. What can i do to help him.AHHHHHHHHHH

Joycelyn7

Asked by Joycelyn7 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=316
    This site tells about growth milestones. Make sure to play with him. It may motivate him to move.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Six month olds are not lazy. Your child may be delayed in some of his milestones (you would have to check with his pedi) but babies aren't lazy. Try lying on the floor with him to help make tummy time more fun.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If he is a smiling happy baby, I would not worry too much. My daughter by six months was not doing any of these things except sitting and by seven months she was crawling. They all develop at their own rate. If you are really concerned, talk to your doctor at his six month well-baby check-up.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son is 9 months old and still refuses to hold his bottle on his own. He will hold once in awhile.
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2009