SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

I'm only posting this anon because i'm embarrassed! ne way..i am itching from head to toe...the main points of horrid itching are my ass cheeks...not like my crack but either side and the top where like my tail bone is...along with the atual cheeks themselves...also my belly, my thighs the backs of them and between my legs where they touch!

along with this i'm 9 months pregnant! i've asked my doc about it numberous times..he has never looked at it he jsut says take benedryl..well currently it's 230 in the morning and i can't sleep because i itch so bad!! i need ideas of what this is and what i can do to make me feel bettter....i've honestly tried everything i can think of!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try putting wet oatmeal on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my friend itched bad during her pregnancy as well... first her dr thought it was PUPS then it actually ended up ... i believe called ICP..

try looking up athat info. she had it very bd but it is REALLY rare.

good luck :(
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Wow IDK I think an oatmeal bath would sound good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You really need to have the doctor look at it. Is it spreading. It could be anything, heat rash, shingles ect.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Benadryl SPRAY or generic version, not because its Ben, but it works on all kinds of itching! ALWAYS works for me! If its dry skin,you can use it as well. Plus, A&D ointment, aloe vera, something soothing not just to stop itch. I used the Ben. spray and then maybe sometimes A & D after it dried. Soaking in an oatmeal bath too may help. I;d spray and then use a fragrance free thick cream ...A & D is the BEST though, it will instantly relieve dry skin..
    Shannahboo18

Answer by Shannahboo18 at 4:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh and if your Dr. didnt take you serious, it may be because he thinks its a common symptom of severe dry stretching skin, although if you think it is something else, go to maybe a primary care dr or ER. BUT i doubt it is, that bad itch is not uncommon and its the skin stretching plus being dry.
    Shannahboo18

Answer by Shannahboo18 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Lotion! And lots of it!!!!! It is probably dry, stretchy skin causing you grief. I know I was very itchy in my late stages of pregnancy. I put lotion on, especially on my belly, at least 2 or 3 times a day. A really rich lotion like Eucerin (Wal Mart makes a generic version) is really good.

As long as it is just the itchiness I wouldn't worry about it too much. If, however, you have a rash going along with the itchiness, then you should get it checked out.
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 5:00 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• IS there a rash or is it just itchy?? I had PUPPPS which is that really bad rash a PP was talking about. If there is a rash message me because I researched EVERYTHING about PUPPPS and I have found a few things that can bring relief.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i have it now too.. benadryl is all i take along with a cool bath.. hang in there!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 8:49 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean, I itch so bad that I have some faint scars from constantly scratching. I take an oatmeal bath then cover myself from head-to-toe in a thick hydrating cream. Make sure it's not a rash though. And Monistat makes a lotion/cream for inbetween your thighs that works great. Hope this helps some.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 12:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009