Does anyone know?

Does anyone know how the baby that was born at 18 weeks is doing? I think it was in NC but I am not sure where. Just wondering what her weight, height and just how she is doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is still in the hospital. She is 4 months old now. You are right she was born in NC at Gaston Memorial Hospital. He was moved to Charlotte's hospital though. When she left Gaston memorial she was 3lbs and 15oz and 16 1/2 inches long. She was out of her water incubator and breathing on her own now but still had a feeding tub in. I hear that she is going good now and might be going home within the next 2 months sometime. As soon as she can learn to eat. If you are wondering how i know i work at Gaston Memorial
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Didnt hear about it, but I used to work in the nicu and i can tell you, unfortunately, the possability of an 18 week gestational baby surviving are 0. The earliest I've ever seen a baby survive is around 28 weeks. Usually, they say if you can make it past 35 weeks and 4 days, you've got a pretty good chance of living a healthy life. If its earlier than that, the child may have so many complications that the question arises whether or not its ideal to continue life saving procedures.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 3:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• wow! I am in shock if the baby is surviving. What are the complications she has, as far as internal organs, or overall development? I just might have to look this one up! Sorry if I gave such negative info. I seriously didnt think this could be a survivor! She must be a fighter!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• her skin is still transparent alittle, I mean u can see all her blood under her skin. I hate to say this but its kinda gross to see and terrible. She has to have a liver transplant by the age of one. her heart was doing good when she was at GM. she was getting steroid for her lungs and can only have BM. nothing else, she stomach wont be able to handle even formula till she is about 1 or so. she is blind in one eye and they think that she might have some hearing problems as well but it is way to early to tell. She has stage one of bleeding in the left side of her brain and is one of the top stories at GM, i am not sure if it is posted on there website but u all might want to check or keep you eye open for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• confusedPoor thing. I'll keep her in my prayers! Sounds like she's got a long way to go! I've seen 30 weekers that we were hopeful for and they didnt even last a week, so I wish her the best.. Do you know, does she have a very supportive family? I sure do hope so. Sometimes that makes all the difference in the world..Thanks for the input! I am still in shock!

jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 4:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• its a joke. no way a baby can survive that early!! ive been looking all over the web for that nothing on it. do u have a link? prob not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have 2 friends who have had 27 weekers without much complication at all. It is amazing how far we have come. Go baby go!!!!!!!!!!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my cousin was born at 19 weeks, she's 4 now, just now learning to walk, cant really say much, and is about the size of a 1 year old, so its possible..... although a sad life.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• wheres a link to this fake story
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i know it would be possiable too many people think oh this can't happen but they must not believe in God because God is still God and HE can do ALL Things!!! I still believe in Miricles and believe this can happen!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009