Tampons?

This might be a dumb question but.. I just had Dex 11 days ago. My stitches are healed and there is no swelling or anything. I'm wondering if I can get away with wearing tampons. I have like three pads left and DH doesn't get paid until Monday so I kind of have no other option, aside from finding someone to borrow money from. So if I were to use tampons, what could happen? Is my risk for TSS higher?

jaddexsmama0509

Asked by jaddexsmama0509 at 4:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• I wouldnt.. you can use toilet paper or like socks that have holes in them or are ruined in sum way jus make sure they are clean
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no i wouldnt use them either, theres alot going on inside there right now and although u feel fine your body needs time to heal,
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 5:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No...your bleeding is from an open wound where the placenta detached. Tampons can cause an infection. When they say nothing vaginally that is the reason.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Ever though of going cloth? I use cloth pads. If you don't sew, you can take washrags and fold them into thirds and lay them in your undies. Don't worry about stains. Just soak them in cold water with about 1/2 cup peroxide or water with 1/2 cup baking soda (don't mix soda or peroxide, choose one of the other) Then wash when needed. I uaually save mine and wash at the end of the week or whenever I wash diapers and my pads don't have stains. Cloth is better than disposable's anyway, as sposies contain bleach and other harmful agents and PROLONG bleeding. Also, they are cheap cheap cheap and think of all the money you safe over time! IF you are a tampon girl (after the doc has given the okay to wear tampons) I would highly reccomend switching to a divacup. Good Luck!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009