?

My husband and I have been fighting my son's father for my husband to adopt my two boys. To make long story short it started 18 mos ago. and countless court days! We went to trail in July and got papers the other day that my son's fathers rights were terminated by the courts and my husband was now there legal dad. Adoption approved!! The bottom said this adoption is FINAL and revocable. So I changed the boys last names every way, put them on my husband insurance and did signed the new adoption birth certs. Those are held in the courts for 30 days. Well today I get a phone call from the bio dad saying that he is suing the courts for not offering him a free lawyer and for violating his civil rights by terminating his rights. He was as every!! court case and even denied a open adoption with my husband. He also stated his is appealing the judge discusion. What happens in a appeal and do you think he will win the appeal. We proved our facts in court. We didn't have a lawyer. We Live in MA! Any help would be nice Thanks! I wonder if they are going to revoke the adoption now.

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2012 in Adoption

• How did you force the TPR? I want to do that to the boys' biomom. I was told no way, it wasn't possible, she has to voluntarily do it.
    Anyway,
    The court system, judges, and lawyers never cease to amaze me when it comes to child custody adoption cases.  I hope the best for your family.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2012

• what is TPR?
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2012

• oh Tpr.. I didn't the courts did, and the same day approved the adoption.
    r00j04j08

• What did your sons' bio dad do to deserve to have his rights terminated? Was it simple abandonment? Did he do something horrible?  I think we all would like to know where that line is?  It shouldn't just be that your new husband has better insurance, ya know!  If you are going to post something like this people are going to want to know more.  What kind of a man wants to keep his parental rights, but the court says no? I think most of us are used to men who just walk away, not the ones that fight.  Unless he is in jail or abusive.  Which you have told us absolutely nothing.  So how can we possibly tell if the adoption can be reversed if we don't know the ground for termination of parental rights or the grounds for him to appeal. 

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2012

• I think most of us are used to men who just walk away, not the ones that fight...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2012