i am eight months pregnant, and have horrible heartburn, i need a home remedy, does anyone know one besides ACV?

AudlyLuvly

Asked by AudlyLuvly at 6:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ice cream worked for me.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I can sympathize, I had really bad heartburn with both of my pregnancies, especially the second one. I drank a lot of water and kept a bottle of Tums beside my bed, sorry I can't be more helpful!! You might need to change something in your diet, but if you're like me, I got heartburn no matter WHAT I ate!! Hang in there, when the baby drops down, you'll get some relief, because he/she won't be pushing your stomach up into your chest!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Stop all spicey foods if you eat any, and take Tums!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• papaya tablets - you can buy them in health food stores - are wonderful for heartburn during and after pregnancy. eat a few - four or five - before you have a meal and then have a couple more afterward. the enzymes in papaya help your body break down the food without a lot of acid. i had bad heartburn with my last two pregnancies but once i started taking the papaya tablets, it completely went away.
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 8:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have insane heartburn. I get it really bad with every pregnancy due to my stomach issues. About all I can do about it otehr then taking tums is eatting frequent smaller meals. Sadly that doesn't help all the time either so I just have to wait it out and make sure I sit upright in a slightly reclined position. Laying down too much and the acid all comes up and sitting all the way up puts pressure on my stomach.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 8:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Eat lots of small meals. At this point your baby is big enough that your stomach doesn't have room to digest food fast enough. Try peppermint candies and peppermint tea.
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Freezer pops worked great for me other then eating tums every hour. Lemon pops work even better when you feel queezey
    alissa0122

Answer by alissa0122 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Look for something called SMINTS, they are in lemon flavor and peppermint flavor they worked with all 3 of my babies, and with the 1st one before I found these things I had it 24/7 they would be at the checkout counter with the other candies... they really do work wonderfully!
    rangersgirl75

Answer by rangersgirl75 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Tums
    Arkaye

Answer by Arkaye at 11:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My Aunt kept boxes of icey pops in her freezer. When I was preggo with Kaden, I would buy Mylanta in bulk :) I kept one bottle in my purse, one in the bathroom and one on my nightstand.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2008