Actual Hippies

Are there any actual hippies hangin here?

Not the New Age toadies, REAL actual hippies: 1950's through 1960's - the real deal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I lived across the street from a commune of hippies. It was so cool. They got kicked out afetr a month.We are talking 1971.I was like so little, but I remember this girl with a long cotton dress on and beads and a Big peace necklace and a brown leather bandana around her head showing me the house and all the people were like very happy and very high on life. There was dancing and then they were singing and playing the guitar. It was just cool.I guess I wandered off but the girl took me back home and my mom was like who was that girl? She looked like an angel?It was quite surreal. Mind you I was only in K.But I still can never forget that peace........................
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Not me or my hubby, or any of my children, but my step, mother in law. A little older now, but still is, even in her late 70's...so my husband and I did the math, and back in the day, she was a little old to be "Hippie" generation, but she sure was one! (and still is)!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I am not old enough sadly to be an original hippie, however I am a modern one married to an original and his mama lives 10 min away she is also a hippie. My hubby lived- in a commune, in a tree house, a chicken coop, and slept with a goat!! - all before age 11. He was picking buds from the garden in the commune at 9!! to steal a toke...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Not a "real" hippie, but I got married in a park. Hubby and I were both wearing blue jeans, white "poet shirts" and peace symbols. We were 17 (me) and 18 (he) and it was 1974. After that we sort of turned normal.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I only wish I'd been born a couple decades earlier so I could be. Trying my hardest to bring the feeling into today's world!
    CareyEl

Answer by CareyEl at 8:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010