my son who is 13 months old fainted when he was crying. He turn blue and past out.

goodmama

Asked by goodmama at 5:18 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hes holding his breath probably because hes angry or just upset. Lots of kids do that. The passing out is common but their bodies will kick in after they pass out. My niece was notorious for pitching a fit and while crying she would hold her breath and pass out. They would throw cold water on her and she would come to very quickly. As long as there is no medical problems, then its just a control issue. They usually outgrow it. I think the ER is a bit much, especially if the dr has already told you what hes doing. The passing out part is just scary. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• did u take him to the er.... u need to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• u need to take him the the er it could have been caused by high bllod presure (possible or many other things... get him or her to the hospital asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• he fainted for like a second he was crying my husband picked him up and he fainted in his arms. He always turns blue when he crys doctor told he he holds his breath, but he has never fainted until today.
    goodmama

Answer by goodmama at 5:32 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i would still have him see another doc... it is not normal and a baby that young cant hold there breath that long yet they will breath before they pass out.... i mean u dont have to take my advive i am only a midwife/ RN not a doc but if he was my child i would have him checked out by another doc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• sorry about my spelling i am super tired i just got home from a 18 shift...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Um take him to the dr
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yeah, def get a hold of DR
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i would take him to the doc also my son did that when he was a baby. he actually did it on three seperated occasions unfortunately noone could explain to me why and he is fourteen and has never done it again. but get it checked hopefully they can give you an answer good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I did it when I was a baby. Most can hold their breath till they pass out. Once they pass out all goes back to normal.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2009