has anyone had to deal with the courts and their kids?

my step daughter has never been in trouble a day in her lifeand yesterday that all changed,she and her cousin got in a fight with another girl the father got involved things escalated and things became physical because my daughter didnt have any marks she was the one charged .does anyone have an idea what might happen this is new to me

mom11811

Asked by mom11811 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Well personally I have not dealt with it, but here in our area in Hudson Falls NY, usually if they are underage they will appear before a family court judge. If she has never had any charges brought against her and she gets a understanding judge and district attorney they will recommend counseling and possibly some retribution..talk with your laywer and he will help guide her through this.
    BUSYMOM500

Answer by BUSYMOM500 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• whether your daughter was marked or not, she was involved and that's why she was charged. i don't say this to be mean. be realistic. the best way to help her is to make her face the consequences of her actions. good luck.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I agree with princezzmommie, she needs to face the consequences of her actions.
    MomOfTeen890

Answer by MomOfTeen890 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2008