HOW DO YOU MAKE A RELATIONSHIP WORK IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION

my boyfriend and father of my child's brother called last night and asked if he wanted to go to the hockey game...he said he would have to talk to me first. then texted him w/o talking to me and said he was too tired. then his sister texted him and said "you are lying, you arent tired. kim just wont let you go. put on your big boy pants and go"....so of course i got upset. then i had to beg him to stick up for me and still nothing. he said he will always choose his real family over me. im hurt, im mad, im.....exhausted. i dont know what to do anymore. we arent speaking so maybe if i leave him alone, he will go to his mommys after work and stay there for the weekend and once again i will be here to take care of our son 24/7. while he goes off and does whatever he wants,

connorsmommy418

Asked by connorsmommy418 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like you dont need him. if he said ill side with my real famiky over you . you obviously dont mean that much to him. your probably better off with out him.. he will never do what you want him too..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you can't make it work by yourself. so stop wasting your time. he already told you in no uncertain terms he's a selfish, immature a-hole. isn't raising one child alone hard enough?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• What he did was outright lie... he put the blame on you. You may not see it but he's pitting you and his family against each other. He's telling you that THEY are his family, not you, not your son.. THEM. So let him go be with them full time so he can use someone else to make himself look like the victim.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The answer to your question is that you cannot make it work. You cannot change another person's character, and you cannot make him choose you over someone else. He is who he is, and you have no power to make him any different no matter what you do, say, or how hard you may try.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009