Do you organize your coupons?

I have so many that I end up looking through when I'm at the store. I tend to organize them by expiration date but I'm wondering if organizing them by type of item would be better. Do you organize yours or am I just being anal?

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I bought a coupon organizer at the dollar store and sort mine into groups that make sense to me, then when I take out what I need to go shopping, I put them in the order of the aisles of the store.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, mine are organized in ziplock bags by category. THEN, when I am making my grocery list (NEVER go the the store without a list, you will spend waste so much money on impulse items. Go through you pantry and decide what you NEED and don't deviate from the list) I go through the bags and get out only the coupons I know I will be using that day at the store. Then I put them in an envelope (to recycle, write your shopping list on the back of a junk mail envelope and stash your coupons for the day in the envelope.) That way everything is on hand.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:47 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• *note with using coupons* make sure that just because you have a coupon for something you don't buy it unnecessarily. For instance, you usually buy Joy dish detergent, but you have a coupon for $2 off dawn. If the Dawn is more than $2 than your joy, it's not worth it. Also, some places of business take expired coupons, like the Commissary and some Kroger. Also watch for double and even triple coupon days!
    navy-wife

• I have a 3 ring binder...and then I got baseball card sheets....and dividers. The coupons fit nicely in the baskball card slots and I can see them perfectly!!!! then I can flip to the divider labeled for that sort of item...ie: dairy, canned goods, frozen foods, meat, boxed items, drinks....!! I works great...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:33 AM on Jan. 16, 2009