This from my post from yesterday.. i.e. I'm soooo sick of this..

Well, she's going.. Kerry told me that her dad called and he's picking her up at 11am.. I won't see her for a week.. I'm such a nervous wreck.. She'll be about 2 1/2 hours away. It's not that I don't trust him it's just that she's never been that far away.. Since I'll be at work I left a detailed list of things for him.. I will make it through this week right?? I want her to go but I'm going to miss her so much..
I hope I'm doing the right thing by letting her go. She is 12 and she knows how to get a hold of me. I think I just got another gray hair.

kerrysmom

Asked by kerrysmom at 8:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh I feel you on this one. I live in DE & my ex lives in IN. Our daughter just turned 5 on tues & she is with him until Aug 20th. We have been doing this for a year now & the first few times she went out there I was a nervous wreck. I was depressed, scared, the whole thing. He is a great dad, we just couldn't live together so we made a decision to go our separate ways & it has worked out very well for us. Except for me when she is out there. It will get easier I promise. But you won't ever stop feeling scared/nervous/etc. I haven't lost that feeling, it is just easier. Tues I had one of the worst days of my life because all I wanted to do was hug her & I can't reach her. You are mom & it's natural to feel this way. if you need to vent, cry or whatever, shoot me an email & we can chat. It's not easy I know, but it will be fine.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 10:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• This sounds really hard. I think that you have raised her very well and that she will be okay. She knows how to get in touch with you and she is a good kid. Remember she will make her own decisions about her father as she gets older, right now she still needs him. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I would buy her a cell phone, you can get her a cheap one at wal-mart or target for 15 bucks and tell her she can call you anytime, just make sure you can add minutes when she needs them. My kids have to go with their dad who is just an hour a way and its awful. But like the pp said, it does get a bit easier, but never easy, if that makes sense.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 2:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2008